Today we went to church at the Beijing branch. It was just in this tall hotel type of building and our meetings were in nice conference rooms. I really enjoyed it. The speakers in sacrament were really good. We also went to Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City. You pretty much just walk around and look at it. Tienanmen Square wasn't all that much to look at, but the Forbidden City was a little better. I bet if you looked at it on Google Earth you would have the same experience that I did. Except you wouldn't have the joy of being drenched in your own sweat like I was privileged enough to experience.
We are hiking the Great Wall tomorrow (Monday) so I'm pretty excited about that. All the food we've had has been really good. Cabbage dishes and eggplant are always a good choice, and we had these lid of caramelized yam things that were so good. I haven't had any noodles yet though, and there is a dumpling place around here that I want to try.
I just emailed Lincoln and Bryton, and I sent one to Jordyn and Carly a few days ago. I haven't sent one to Donna yet but I will try to soon. Or you can just tell her about it. I wish my phone would work here and not be expensive because that's how I would prefer to communicate.We will probably get a phone when we go to our cities. Tell the girls good luck starting school!
![]() |
| Where the Beijing LDS branch meets |






No comments:
Post a Comment