Friday, September 5, 2008

Wild Alaska-Day 2

Wow am I behind! I have started a new job, and even though it is only part-time I am trying to adjust to not having as many hours at home to do whatever I want! I hope this job will help me use my time more wisely (yeah right). Since I had so much time to myself, I didn't make the best use of it. Now I have to prioritize what's most important--and scrapbooking is not as high on the list as I would like! Reading isn't as high either, but I still have been doing a bit of both. Gotta keep chipping away... ;) I have discovered that I STILL don't like making dinner, and working just makes it worse. I am so bad at avoidance behavior--like sitting here blogging instead of figuring out what to make my family for dinner.

Here are some more pages from our Alaska trip. The second day we finally arrived at Chitina, set up camp, and Mike and Paul did some fishing. It's really cool that you can be out doing stuff at midnight and not have it be dark. It was a little different not having fireworks on the Fourth though.
You can see the big bluff where the Chitina and Copper Rivers merge. We camped just to the left of that. The wind was crazy there, and that bluff is made of sand and silt, so you can imagine how gritty everything was. Mike and Paul were filthy after fishing in the wind and the ATV ride. I hiked to the tip of that bluff with my nephew Dallin. It was pretty awesome, except the wind and sand wrecked havoc on my contacts!

Mike's goal for our trip was to learn how to gut fish--he'd never really done it before. Well, he got his lesson, as you can see.
Fresh salmon for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment